Publications, & Conference Papers Since 2001
1) “The Commonwealth and Human Rights in Africa: The Case of Nigeria” in Contemporary Human Rights Issues in Commonwealth West Africa (Edited by Bernice Sam) Accra: Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative, 2003.
2) “Democracy: Liberal or Social?” In History and Philosophy of Science for African Undergraduates (edited by Helen Lauer) Ibadan: Hope Publications, 2003.
3) “Africa’s New Social Movements and The Limits of Politics” published as “Les nouveaux mouvements sociaoux Africains et les limities de leur politique” in Et Si l’Afrique Refusait Le Marche? (Alternatives Sud Vol VIII 2003 No. 3) Paris: Centre Tricontinental, 2001
4) “African State and Society in the Age of Neo-Imperialism: The Dialectics of Marginalization.” Paper presented at the conference organized in Cairo, Egypt by The The Arab Centre for Strategic Studies on “Arab-African Space in The Age of Globalization” from May 27-29 2002.
5) “Kwame Nkrumah and the Politics of Identity” Paper presented at the Conference of the Historical Society of Ghana, University of Ghana, Legon, July 25-28 2002.
6) “Human Resource Development, International Migration and The Development of Africa” Report Prepared for the African Association of Political Science (AAPS) as part of the Regional and Strategic Studies Programme of the African Futures Network of the National Long-Term Perspectives Studies. August 20, 2002
7) “Political Economy of African Integration” Paper presented at a Workshop on The African Union Organized by the African Association of Po9litical Science in Conjunction with The World Centre for The Study and Research on The Green Book, Tripoli, Libya September 10-14 2002.
8) “West Africa’s integration and the logics of history and culture” Presented to the conference on ‘The African Union and New Strategies for Development in Africa’ Organized by CODESRIA and the DPMF in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia; 26-28 January 2004. (Revised for publication)
9) “The Third Wave of Democracy in Commonwealth West Africa – An Assessment” Paper presented to the Workshop on Constitutions and Constitutionalism in Commonwealth West Africa organized in Banjul, The Gambia from 26th to 27th January 2004 by the Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative, Africa Office in Accra (Revised for publication)
10) “Globalization and Africa’s Triple Heritage” paper presented to the 30th Anniversary Conference of the African Association of Political Science. Yaoundé, Cameroon June 28-29, 2004.
11) “Left in the ditch: Africa and the dialectics of globalization” in K. Konadu-Agyeman and Kwamina Panford (eds.) Africa’s Development in the 21st Century: Issues, Opportunities, Challenges (Ashgate, 2006) Chapter 4.
12) “Introduction: The contradictions and ironies of elections in Africa” Africa Development (Special Issue: Elections in Africa) Vol. XXXI No. 3, 2006. pages 1-10.
13) “Institutional development and democratic consolidation” in Voting for Democracy in Ghana: The 2004 Elections in Perspective Volume 1. (K. Boafo-Arthur, editor) Freedom Publications, 2006
14) “Dome-Kwabenya and Ayawaso West Wuogon Constituencies: A study in Voter Choice in the December 2004 elections” in Voting for Democracy: The 2004 Elections in Perspective Volume 2. (K. Boafo-Arthur, editor) Freedom Publications, 2006.
15) “Markets and Liberal Democracy” in K. Boafo-Arthur (ed.) Ghana: A Decade of Liberalism CODESRIA/ ZED, 2007
16) The Politics of Land Tenure Reform in Ghana: From the Crown Lands Bills to the Land Administration Project (With Ernest Aryeetey, Joseph R. A. Ayee, and Dzodzi Tsikata ISSER, University of Ghana, 2007
17) Ghana at 50: Tribe or Nation Accra: Institute for Democratic Governance, 2007
18) “Ghana” Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (ed.) Parties and Democracy: The KAS Democracy Report 2007 Bonn: Bouvier Verlag, 2007.
19) Executive-Parliament Interface in the Legislative Process: A Synergy of Powers? Accra: Institute for Democratic Governance, 2008
20) How Parliament Decides – Decision-Making in Ghana’s Parliament Accra: Institute for Democratic Governance, 2009.
21) Ghana’s Traditional Authorities in Governance and Development (with Collins Nunyonameh, Peter Fiamor and Douglas Quartey), Accra: Institute for Democratic Governance, 2010.
22) Political Transition and Human Development in Ghana (Contributor of 2 chapters and Editor) Research Report Prepared for the UNDP, Accra. 2010
23) Governance and Human Development in the Western Region (Co-Authored with Emmanuel Akwetey on behalf of IDEG for UNDP) November 2011
24) “Introduction: Globalization and Africa: A Subjective View” in Globalized Africa: Political Social and Economic Impacts (Editor: Kwame A. Ninsin) Accra: Freedom Publications, 2012